That hanging emptiness...

 

I feel emptiness -

That pilgrim

Who comes

To the end of his journey

And finds neither shrine nor temple

 

No, I feel not blessed

I stand atop

An invisible hanging cliff

That gives me not what I want

Neither lets me jump to my death


They will say

The path- is it not enough?

No, it is not

For every sweat and blood I shed

I was waiting for my church

 

My redemption came

Not on the path I trod

Now my leaden wings

Do not help me fly,

Overcome, this emptiness deep within

 

 Then, when

I let go of my wings

And walk back empty handed

The light appears

On that journey back home

 

On my own footsteps

Laced in tears and sweat

The altar of God

Shines like a thousand stars

In that hanging emptiness…

 

10th August 2023

Comments

Popular Posts