Boat in the waters


This morning’s Barangaroo

Was very bleak –

Grey clouds and fog,

Spilled from a sunless sky

The waters looked like liquid slate

Off white wharves

And the trees –

Dark, brooding, leafless

Reminded, that winter

Was still lurking around

 

I stopped on my lonely track

And wondered

That the harbour today

Was all monotones

Of melancholy;

Would anyone believe

How grey was my city

Waiting desperately for spring?

AS if reading my mind

Exactly then

 

A dinky boat

Crept slowly into my canvas frame –

One dot of bright yellow

Bravely fighting

My charcoal drawing;

I wondered then

How just one tiny pixel

Was all it took

To convince

This was but a colourful painting

 

Brave dinky boat –

How I loved it,

As it streaked past my canvas frame

Whispering, to look out for that one pixel –

That one smile,

Those distant eyes lighting up,

That one unread message

Silently dropping

One drop of paint

On a cold bleary harbour’s morn…

Comments